Social media can break your heart sometimes, watching other people’s fitness routines while you need to work to earn a living. But excuses like work and being “busy” are not really the reason, primarily it is lack of motivation and not knowing where to start.
Affording a fitness centre is not really a huge issue and not knowing how to budget time to make way for a short exercise regimen is not an excuse. There is always a way as long as you want it and feel like owning it. That is why we have gathered some of the fastest routines which you can use within the comforts of your bedroom or living room.
Best Butt Toning Exercises
1. Straight arm leg up plank
To do it:
- Get into a push-up position on the floor with arms directly beneath your shoulders and hips forming a straight line from your shoulders to your feet
- Lift the left leg, hold for for 5 seconds, keeping your hips in line with the ground (try not to wobble or twist)
- Lower the left leg and repeat with the right leg
- Aim for 10-15 on each side.
2. Bridge Up:
This is not only good for firing up the butt but for the hip and thighs as well.
- Lie down on your back with knees bent and feet firmly grounded on the floor.
- Press hips upwards and squeeze your glutes as it is done when doing a gymnastics bridge.
3. The Squat:
Again, this is a good routine for the butt as well as the thighs and leg muscles.
- Stand on your feet with hips positioned wide apart.
- Push hips backwards and feel the weight going towards your heels.
- Push buttocks as far as you can while holding your shoulders towards the back.
- Make sure your feet are steady in that position.
4. Bridging up with leg lifts (fitball version shown):
This one can relieve your lower back tension and makes you achieve maximum toning. You can use a rubber exercise mat so that your tailbone doesn’t hurt afterwards.
- Extend a leg to push into a bridge position.
- Maintain the leg extension for as long as you can.
- Repeat action using the other leg.
5. Inner thigh lift:
Toning your inner thighs is highly possible with this fast and easy routine.
- Lie flat on the floor with only your left side touching it with your head resting on your upper left arm.
- Bend right leg and cross over in front of your left leg.
- Using your inner thigh muscle, left your leg 6” off the floor.
6. Sumo squats:
This is another lower torso exercise you would love to do and a very effective one.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart in such as a way that the space created looks wider than your actual hips.
- Turn out toes a little while holding a medicine ball in front of your chest.
- Lower the squat position as low as you can afford to go.
- Plant your heels on the ground and maintain a straight back.
7. Skater lunge:
This is a little bit complicated as it requires you to maintain balance while undergoing the routine.
- Stand with feet together and hands on waist.
- Lunge forward using your right leg.
- Jump up while switching legs in midair and land with left leg in a forward lunge.
- Continue by alternating both legs for one minute.
- Keep fists up in front of your chin and push off the floor with both feet.
- Make sure your front knee is at a right angle and aligned with your ankle.
8. Step ups (outdoors bench steps shown):
This routine is done effectively with dumbbells.
- Stand facing a bench with dumbbells held on each side.
- Step on the bench using your right foot while extending left leg as you go up.
- Step down with your left leg so that your right knee is flexed.
- Repeat the same action starting with the other leg and so forth.
9. Side Lunges:
This regimen uses a single dumbbell.
- Stand with knees and feet together.
- Take a sidestep to the right and lunge towards the floor.
- Spring back using right foot to return to original position.
- Repeat with the left leg.
10. Plié squats:
This basic ballet exercise is good for the upper and lower torso as well.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than your shoulder width and with toes pointed outwards.
- Hold dumbbells in front of thighs maintaining a straight torso and tight abs.
- Bend knees to form a right angle, lowering body to a squat position.
- Go back up and repeat.
- Make sure weight is placed on the heels.
With these exercises done on a regular basis, there’s a big chance that your friend would be saying hi to you and commending you of your fitness achievement. You can even create a video to show your friends how you did it!